This course is held at Yoga Hero in Leeds, England.
Have you ever thought about becoming a Yoga Teacher? Yoga Hero’s 200 hour Vinyasa Flow Yoga Teacher Training Course is perfect for anyone who would like to explore a career in teaching yoga, or would like to deepen their knowledge and practice of yoga.
Our Yoga Hero Teacher Training Course will focus on safety first; how to help students modify for their energy levels, strength and flexibility at each moment. A focus on safety throughout each practice keeps both student and instructor mindful and present.
Secondary to that is improvement; personal, professional, mental and physical improvement. At Yoga Hero, we believe every time you step on your yoga mat; it’s a hero move. It can be easy to turn on the telly, or go to the pub, so the decision to yoga or meditation instead, is the work of a hero! Every time you decide to do your yoga, or your meditation, or both, it’s a huge contribution towards that continual improvement.
We all have strength to build, or patience to cultivate, or philosophy to learn, or alignment to understand. As Yoga Heroes, understanding and respecting this is stage 1, and working towards your own personal and professional improvement is stage 2; which lasts a lifetime.
Early Bird: £2,250 – available until 30th September
Full Price: £2,500
Our course will cover
Philosophy, Mantra and Meditation
- Including study of the Yoga Sutras and the Bhagavad Gita
- The importance of Mantra
- Meditation; techniques, and the importance of a regular practice
- Including setting up for, coming out of, and time in, key asanas
- Modifications, variations and adjustments for key asanas
- Understand ‘safety first’
- How our Yoga practice and specifically the breath affects our nervous system
- Key muscles, bones, joints and actions in the body
- Understanding fascia; connective tissue, and it’s importance in our yoga practice
- Teaching pranayama (breathing) techniques
- Developing a pranayama practice
- Determining the most effective learning methodology for you
- Creating scripts for key poses and sequences
- Learning how to demonstrate key poses
- Learning how to work with diversity within class attendees, such as age, physical and mental wellness and experience of yoga
- Leading Pay As You Feel classes in the Yoga Hero studio with an experienced instructor attending, who will provide constructive feedback for continuous improvement
The importance of being a yoga teacher (with how to)
- Understanding insurance
- Being self-employed and organised
- Making a living
- Being business-like and yogic!
The benefits of Yoga Hero’s Teacher Training Course
Yoga Hero has provided an environment for teacher trainees to gain experience since the opening of the studio over two years ago.
Our timetabled ‘Pay As You Feel’ classes are specifically designed to cultivate a space where trainee instructors can practice teaching people with a variety fitness levels, experience of yoga, whilst refining their style, their instructions, and their adjustments, under the supervision of an experienced instructor.
These Pay As You Feel classes will be available to teach by trainees on our Teacher Training Course, so you can start getting experience, and getting paid, as soon as we, and you, feel that you are ready.
This is a really amazing opportunity to kick start your new career in one of the biggest, and busiest, yoga studios in the North of England!
Yoga Hero Teacher Trainees will receive complimentary Yoga Hero Membership for the duration of the course, so from 1st April to 31st July 2018 inclusive. Yoga Hero Membership includes *all* in-house classes, workshops and courses!
Teacher Trainees will also receive a massive 50% off Yoga Hero Membership from the date of payment of the non-refundable £350 deposit, lasting until 1st April 2018.
Also included is your qualification (on successful assessment), your qualification certificate, non-compulsory teaching hours for the Pay As You Feel classes at Yoga Hero, teacher training manual, use of yoga equipment whilst at the Yoga Hero studio
Please note that the investment costs do not include any transportation, food, accommodation, yoga equipment to take away with you or anything else not explicitly stated above.